Monday, February 04, 2008

Repairing PC.

I've been bombarded with many request for fixing PC almost every week since I 'enlisted' for Army. Time is so tight that I can only manage to squeeze one PC per week as I have to 'protect Singapore and also work to support the economy'. I alway hope that I might get a free weekend but it seems that the PC is coming in faster then I can say wth.

Sometime as a kind gesture I do provide free or minimum charge to repair a PC. Sometimes customer does want to really cut down the cost and I might loan some item like monitor to them so that they can wait till there is special offer and get the best bang for bucks monitor deal and return the monitor to me.

Somehow you can't expect one good turn deserve another. I have to drive all the way down to collect the bulky monitor while it was raining and still had to jam at the doorway explaining to the family members so they don't mistake me for a robber when it could be faster for the guy/gal to call the family member to inform that I'm coming to get the monitor.

Had to walk in the rain with an improper cover to shield the monitor from the rain before single handedly putting in to the car.

Sometime you wonder what's the point to loan it in the first place.

http://www.computex.ws/img/news/977/samsung_765mb.jpg

To facilitate the smooth flow and to ensure that there is no waste trip, pls ensure the following when calling:

1. You have tried asking Google.com and try your best to solve the particular computer problem
2. RTFM (read the f***ing manuel)
3. Try your best and maybe explain to me what you have try
4. Saying things like: "I on my computer but nothing can be seen" cannot solve any problem. I'm not God and I need MORE information. (ex like system specs and what you do bfore it happen)
5. Try not to fly aeroplane once you have fixed an appointment.

Thanks


No comments: